TrustedHousesitters+Partners Bring Back Remember Me Thursday
TrustedHousesitters, the largest and most trusted pet care community of its kind, partners with local dog rescue, The Animal Pad, to honor the national #SeetheLight campaign and honor Remember Me Thursday® on Thursday, September 22 .
Hosted at Liberty Station behind the Courtyard Marriott Hotel, puppies and their humans are invited to join in this wonderful celebration highlighting the importance of animal rescues, adoption and pet adoption. This free event will include beach games, cute photo ops, giveaways and an opportunity for guests to get out and paddleboard with their pups in partnership with SUP PUPPIES and West Coast Paddle Sports!
“It’s so important to us that everyone understands the importance of Remember Me Thursday®,” said Angela Laws, TrustedHousesitters award-winning community manager and fellow pet sitter. “Every puppy deserves to live in a loving, forever home. Unfortunately, at present there is a severe shortage of boarding spaces and foster homes, resulting in more dogs on the streets. We hope that with this event, we can not only shed light on this, but also honor the lives of pets who have not been able to find their forever homes.
10 years of helping orphan animals in need
Now in its tenth year, Remember Me Thursday® aims to unite individuals and pet adoption organizations around the world to be an unstoppable, integrated voice for orphaned animals in need of forever homes. Over the years, over 190 countries have supported the movement along with hundreds of thousands of individuals and over 700 separate animal welfare organizations around the world. Celebrities such as Diane Keaton, Kristin Chenoweth, George Lopez, Katherine Heigl, Bethenny Frankel and dozens of others have also joined the cause.
Breakdown of the Remember Me Thursday 2022 event
TrustedHousesitter’s Remember Me Thursday® will take place on Thursday, September 22 at Liberty Station (2592 Laning Rd. San Diego, CA 92106, behind the Courtyard Marriot Hotel). Below is an overview of the event:
5:30 p.m. | SUP PUPS & West Coast Paddle Sports Paddleboard Check-In
- There are 25 pitches open for rental. Cost is $40 per person and includes paddle board rental, photos, snacks, refreshments, goody bags, bonfire, and s’mores kit.
- Participants are also welcome to bring their own paddle boards and have fun.
- SUP PUPS donates $5 from every rental to The Animal Pad.
6-7 p.m. | Paddle + more fun!
- Paddleboard participants will head out on the water and can paddle with their pups, all while taking great sunset photos.
- Puppies and their humans staying on land will be able to play cornhole, jumbo jenga, take pictures at the branded photo booth and purchase raffle tickets. 100% of the proceeds from the raffle will go to The Animal Pad.
7pm-8pm | Bonfire + Vigil Ceremony
- Helen Woodward will join the ceremony to share a poem and explain the significance of the event.
- After the poem, participants will be invited to light their candles and observe a moment of silence for the animals that never found their homes and moved on to their shelters or the streets.
See you there, San Diego!