Announcing New SWTOR 7.1.1 Features and Fall 2022 Release Date
Jackie Ko, the community manager of SWTOR, clarifies what will happen with the game update 7.1.1.
We still don’t have a clear release date beyond a vague “fall 2022” release window. We have new information about new features and content in version 7.1.1. Let’s go through each of the upcoming new features.
Galactic Season 3
We still don’t really have any concrete details about Galactic Season 3 meat and potatoes, but Jackie said the theme was “Galactic Gaming”, whatever that means.
Star Wars has games like Pazaak, Sabacc, and Dejarik, but I don’t know if that’s enough for a full theme.
I guess racing is a kind of game too and we’ve seen it in many forms including pod, swoop, and don’t forget the jockey dad from Episode 8!
It is also possible that it is related to big game hunting (Onderon and Trandoshan hunting culture), although hunters do not refer to what they do as game.
Since the Nightlife Casino event came with 7.1, I wonder if GS3 was originally supposed to come with 7.1 as I originally expected.
We’ll have to wait and see for more details on that.
7.1.1 will bring with it the return of the Feast of Prosperity event. Personally, I’m always full since my second assist in early 2022 when BioWare brought back the event to help players get through
Jackie confirmed that there will be brand new rewards, but didn’t specify what they would be. She also didn’t mention that there will be improvements to special missions.
There were a few bugs with cooking missions last year and service droid missions were way too long and boring.
If you want a refresher on the Prosperity Day event, check out the 2022 Prosperity Day event guide.
Fighting Style Balance Changes
Jackie reiterated that the fighting style balance will still come with 7.1.1, though she didn’t offer an update on whether more iterations were made.
Check out my full coverage of the upcoming changes in each of these articles:
I chose not to cover the changes to Marksmanship Sniper/Sharpshooter Gunslinger, as they do nothing more than slightly improve the consistency of the lowest DPS spec in the game. Here they are in case you have them missed:
- Acquired/Illegal target mods now generate a lazy target charge/smuggler’s luck each time they are activated.
- Lazer Focus/Lucky Thoughts no longer relies on a critical hit to reduce the cooldown of Laze Target/Smuggler’s Luck, but instead has a 50% chance to do so each time it deals damage.
R-4 Anomaly Balance Changes
Jackie noted that the changes to Anomaly R-4 will focus on several areas:
- Reduced IP-CPT health on veteran so DPS check isn’t as demanding
- Difficulty adjustment in Overgrown [Nihrot] Corridors will be less deadly in Story Mode
- Slightly reduce Lady Dominique’s health in Story Mode
- Nihrot damage is no longer reflectable
- Nihrot suppression grenades should no longer get caught in ceiling tentacles
- The issues some players experienced with IP-CPT falling into the ground
None of these changes are necessarily bad, but many of them don’t seem to address the root cause of the problems. IP-CPT is nothing that cannot be tanked by DPS, but HP is too low outside of the burn phase.
The Nihrot Corridor seems to generate 1 attractor per player (or at least several in total), which makes it nigh on impossible to do this area in one go, but it looks more like a bug than a balance issue.
7.1.1 will allow players to name and prefer their individual outfits. Jackie didn’t mention a doubling of outfit slots to 32 as we briefly saw on PTS 7.1, so I wouldn’t count on that.
If you have any questions or are unfamiliar with the SWTOR Outfiter tool, check out its dedicated guide. There is a big difference between outfits and gear in SWTOR.
Collector’s Edition Seller
BioWare will add an account-wide access pass unlock to the Cartel Market for the Collector’s Edition vendor located in the Fleet VIP area.
Jackie seemed to only list Imperial vendor items, but the Collector’s Edition vendor contains the following items, some of which are unique to each faction:
- 11 Companion Customizations (Ashara Zavros, 3x Deshade, Kaliyo Djannis, Mako, Vette, Corso Riggs, T7-01, Qyzen Fess, Aric Jorgan)
- Imperial Trooper Armor Set (currently does not come with belt or bracers)
- Republic Officer Armor Set (currently without belts and bracers)
- Golden Efficiency Scanner Helmet
- 4 dye modules (black and medium yellow, dark green and medium yellow, dark orange and dark red, dark purple and medium green)
- 3 pets (Cyberglow Mewvorr, Hutt Observer, Taunta)
- Deco Eternal Grace Statue
I’m really glad that BioWare is finally allowing players access to this vendor since Collector’s Edition codes are so hard to find these days. I hope they add the belt and bracers to the Imperial Trooper and Republic Officer sets though.